Friday, August 12, 2011

The arrival of Emmeline aka Emme

Emmeline Elyse Masias
Born: 8/8/11
Weight: 7lbs 6oz
Height: 19.75 inches










I went to bed on Sunday night feeling pretty good, I knew my mom was coming to town and then I would feel good going into labor anytime after that. I woke up about 4 and went to the bathroom and went back to bed but was feeling some back pain. I didn't think too much of it since I had been having back pain on and off for a couple weeks. After about a half hour it didn't go away so I decided to go out to the couch and try to relax. About 10 minutes later I noticed that the pain was getting more intense so I started to time the contractions. The first one was about 9 minutes apart then the next was 7 then 5. I thought that was weird and thought maybe I was timing wrong but the pain was getting bad so I went and woke up Tim telling him I thought it was time. Anyone that knows Tim knows that he didn't get up the first time I woke him up. I went and started getting my stuff together and went back and woke Tim up again. I knew it would take him awhile to get ready so I got Reagan up and ready to go. I had Tim get Matt up and call our friend to ask her if we could bring the kids over. After that Tim asks me if he had time to shower. I was frustrated at him for being so slow by this point and told him no he didn't have time and that we really had to get going. We left the house about 6:30am and dropped off the kids and got to the hospital about 7. We checked in and I got into the room where they determine if they will admit you or send you home. They checked me and I was at a 6 so they took me back to the labor and delivery room. The nurse I felt was taking her sweet time getting all the paperwork ready and getting my IV and all I really wanted was my epidural. My contractions were on top of each other and I couldn't deal with the pain anymore. The doctor came in and checked me and I had progressed to a 7 and she called for the epidural and then she went off duty and a new doctor was on his way in to check on me. By this point I was feeling like I was going to die from the pain. The new doctor came in a few minutes later and I told him I thought I needed to push. I think the doctor and nurse thought I was crazy and didn't believe that I was serious but he said he would check me. He then tells me he has good and bad news. Bad news...no epidural. Good news I was at a 9 and after he broke my water I could deliver the baby. All I said was I couldn't deliver without an epidural but no one seemed to care and said I had to anyway. RUDE!! So after about 5 pushes I delivered Emme and I survived! So we got to the hospital at 7 and Emme was born at 8:25am. That's the condensed version since I don't really want to talk about what a baby I was being :) but the main point I would like to make is it's a good thing Tim didn't take that shower or I may have delivered at home or in the car! Hopefully this post makes sense because I had to redo it like 3 times due to technical difficulties!
Here are some pics of our new love...




























5 comments:

  1. You are amazing! Congrats on another beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was a fast labor! Congratulations! She is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I don't care what kind of a baby you think you were--that's amazing! Congrats on baby Emme. I hope I get to meet her someday soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! She is beautiful and thats amazing that you did it with out meds. Beautiful girls Jasmine, congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet baby. We are so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete